This past Monday was our 4 week follow up appointment with the Dr's to hear the baby's heartbeat. We had seen it at the last appointment and all was well. During those four weeks I was feeling great and didn't have any signs that would lead me to believe that everything wasn't ok with the baby. To our surprise, the Dr was having a very hard time trying to find the baby's heartbeat. She brought us into another room and tried two other different kinds of ultrasounds. We were then given the news that the baby's heart had stopped beating about 5 days after our last appointment. We thought that we were in the clear because in a few days I would have been 13 weeks along. As you could all imagine we were devastated and it was an emotional day on Tuesday and Wednesday for us but all in all we are doing ok.
I am glad that today is over and my procedure is done, now I feel like we can really get on with things. Our Dr suggested waiting a couple more months before beginning to start trying again. So we are going to definitely plan some sort of trip to get away this summer and just enjoy time with each other. We know that God has a plan for a family for us and that everything happens for a reason. After going through this experience you become so aware of how common this is and how many people we know that have gone through similar situations. We are just extremely grateful that we were even able to get pregnant and without any help; we are hoping and praying that it happens again for us in the near future.
During this difficult time, you truly find out the people who love and care for you. Without family and friends, it would have been much, much harder to get through. It has been amazing the love and support we have received. There is absolutely no doubt that Houston and I both have AMAZING families! That would include all parents, grandparents, godparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. We are so blessed to have such incredible friends as well...how lucky are we??? Not too many people get both sides of that.
Another very important thing I have been reminded of is how amazing my husband is...there is nothing better than to be loved and adored by the one you love and adore. Time and time again, I'm just reminded of the many reasons why I married him. You could never find a more honest, giving, caring, strong, brilliant, talented man. I am so lucky to be the one that he loves.
Thank you to all of you for the kind words and inspiration. We are going to be just fine and hopefully move on to have many happy and healthy children :)




5 comments:
I am so sorry, Elizabeth. I will be praying for you guys.
So sorry to hear that Elizabeth:0( I know its one of the hardest things to deal with. I've had two and as you know I have three beautiful kiddos :0) Trust in the Lord...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ...
Let me know if you want to talk...ill be more than happy to share my story with you. I know it helped me to hear that some other women have been through the same thing:0)
So sorry Lil Bit! If you need anything let me know! Sounds like your husband is so great...a perfect man for you! XOXO!
Hang in there little bit- we also went through this before we had Mackenzie and it was devastating! Take comfort in each other and keep your head up. There is a bigger plan and unfortunatly it just isn't the plan we had in mind, so frusterating! You and Houston ar ein my prayers :)
We love you guys and are keeping you in our prayers. I know that you're both awesome about sticking things out together, and that makes all of the difference in the world when you go through something like this. I don't know what I would have done without Pablo when I went through it. It's true, though, that God does have a plan for you, and it's probably better than what you could even imagine! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment