Friday, March 18, 2011

Anniversary Road Trip

Last weekend, Houston and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. It was my year to plan our trip so I decided to do something that was somewhat close to home since I wasn't quite sure what our work schedules would be. We spent one night at a hotel in the Gasslamp District of Downtown San Diego, it was great to be in the middle of the hussle and bussle of the city. There are so many cool bars and restaurants in one small area. The next morning we got up and had a yummy breakfast at The Broken Yoke, as seen on Man vs. Food, and yes it was as good as it looked on TV! We did not attempt to eat that giant omelet though :) Then the next day, we headed over to Mission and Pacific Beach for the afternoon. We rented bikes to ride on the boardwalk, stopped in to a few bars, shopped a little, ate some really good food, played pool and relaxed. It was such a perfect day! We left there to check in to our hotel room in La Jolla which was the same hotel that we stayed at when we got engaged 4 1/2 years ago. Hard to believe that much time has gone by. We had dinner that night at the Crab Catcher (where Houston proposed) and the food was just as good as I remembered it! The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo which I had never been to before. That was tons of fun! Very different from the zoos that I've been to in Arizona. We stopped by this funky little taco shop called Lucha Libre after the zoo, another Man vs. Food stop, for a tasty burrito that Houston had been eyeing ever since we watched the episode. The morning we left, we stopped in at Kona's on the beach for a little breakfast before we made the drive home...it was the perfect ending to the trip and so relaxing sitting there listening to the ocean. The weather was amazing the entire trip, the perfect little getaway for a few days that both of us needed very much! Happy 4th wedding Anniversary babe! I love you so much!!


1 comment:

Jennie said...

you look so beauiful your belly with a baby in it