Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Wonderful Valentine's

On Friday before Valentine's Day, I was sitting at my desk at work and I heard a coworker of mine shouting to me that I had a package that was delivered. Completely surprised, I walked out to where the package was and saw that my wonderful husband had three dozen red roses delivered to me. They were beautiful all lying there in the box, so I took them out and put them in the vase that was sent too. He totally surprised me with that and I was SO excited!
So later that night, we went to the Tempe Improv with two other couples that we love so much. We saw Patton Oswalt who was most recently heard as the main voice in "Rattatouille" as well as appearances in The King of Queens, Seinfeld, News Radio, MTV's Human Giant, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Reno 911, Comedy Central's Roasts of William Shatner, Flava Flav & Lewis Black's The Root of All Evil. He can also be seen regularly on Jimmy Kimmel Live & Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Needless to say we had a great time and he was really funny! We ate a delicous dinner before the show started and had a few drinks. That was the first time that Houston and I had ever been there and I have a feeling that we will be back there again soon.
On Saturday, we both had to work so we didn't get to see each other until after 6pm or so. He made me macadamia nut crusted chicken with steamed yellow squash and zucchini with sauteed shrimp and couscous. We had a bottle of champagne together and ate some chocolate covered strawberries. He got us tickets to the Keith Urban and Sugarland concert on July 25th! I am so pumped for the concert! He made me a homemade card which was the absolute sweetest thing I have ever seen! It was 7 white pieces of paper stapled together with a drawing of the two of us holding hands on the cover. On the inside he wrote down all of the reasons why he loved me :) it was an absolute amazing card and it was so much better than any card he could have bought. It was a great Valentine's Day and I was so incredibly happy to be spending it with the love of my life!

No comments: